She's a baby-wearing, nature-loving mama from Indonesia. If you have a case of wanderlust, her Instagram might only make it worse - - - but in all the best ways! We love following her travels and her adventures as a mother. She's also extremely passionate about taking care of the earth and making sure it's still just as beautiful for future generations.
Wulan in our Addie
We asked Wulan to share about the hats she wears and here's what she said:
"My life has led me to wear many "hats". I am a mother, a traveler and an environmentalist, among many other things. Out of all of those though, the most rewarding by far has been that of mother.
Before becoming one, I saw motherhood as a something noble, but also time consuming and tough. Now all that is true, but to be honest, I never thought it would be this hilarious! To see your child grow and do some of the funniest things you can think of is so much more rewarding than what I thought it could be."
"As tough as motherhood can be though, the "hat" that is really tough is that of an environmentalist. As a mother and someone who cares deeply about our planet and the wonderful creatures that live on it, I want to make sure that future generations (my daughter included) has the opportunity to appreciate all that Earth has to offer. However, it is tough to move people to action.
It's one thing to say you care about the environment, it's a whole other to actually do something to save it. I have worked for a long time to spread awareness and promote action in order to help reverse the damage we humans have done to our environment."
"I believe to move people to action, they have to see what is happening up close. That is why I am an active scuba diver, working with local dive companies to promote better diving practices as well as bring the public to see the impact we have on the ocean.
I have many things and people that inspire me, but if I have to narrow it down, it would be Jane Goodall for her tremendous work in conservation, and the mothers out there that have shown the world that they can still do the things they are passionate about and be a great mother at the same time."
To see more of Wulan follow her on Instagram @wulanrussell
Don't know how to choose a hat? Click here for help Getting Started.
Finding your perfect hat starts with finding the perfect fit. Let's answer some common questions to help you find a Gigi Pip that will give you the best look and feel.
Hats are measured by the inside circumference at the bottom of the hat's crown (the sweatband) and most often measured in centimeters. While hats may be sized according to their measurement, it is fairly common for women's hats to be sized based on average women's head sizes and then adjusted down to fit.
For example - Since the average women's head size measures 57cm, a small to medium hat would be made to fit 57cm and then can be adjusted down to 55cm. Larger head sizes measure up to 59cm, so a medium to large size hat would be made to fit a 59cm head size and then can be adjusted down to 57cm. Children ages 7 and below are typically 53cm, and those ages 7+ tend to be 55cm. Because of this, Gigi Pip hats sizes are as followed:
Kids (53cm to 55cm)
S/M (55cm to 57cm)
M/L (57cm to 59cm)
Additional Sizing Chart (based on average women head sizes):
X Small - 54cm (21.25 Inches)
Small - 55cm (21.65 Inches)
Medium - 57cm (22.44 Inches)
Large - 59cm (23.22 Inches)
X Large - 60cm (23.62 Inches)
There are two primary methods of measuring your hat size and are based on the style in which you wear your hat. You will need to take both measurements (shown below) and then use the larger of the two measurements to determine your hat size. Once you've received your hat, you can decide on the style you'd like to size your hat to and adjust your hat accordingly.
TIP: If you don't have a textile measuring tape, use a string or piece of yarn to measure the distance around your head. After you have marked the yarn around your head, lay it out flat on the ground or table and measure the straightened out piece of yarn with a measuring stick or regular measuring tape.
Method 1: The Traditional Style
This is the traditional style of wearing a hat. The front tip of the hat is low on the forehead, just above your eye brows, causing the hat to sit nearly level with the ground. To measure your head using the traditional style method, measure the distance around your head from the center of the back of the head to the forehead just above the eyebrow as shown below.
1. Use a textile measuring tape (or string) to measure the distance around your head crossing through the center part of the back of your head and the forehead just above the eyebrow. The tape should be level with the ground.
2. Check the measurement of the tape wrapped around your head. Hat sizing is in cm. If you are in-between sizes, we suggest sizing up and adjusting your hat accordingly.
Method 2: The Halo Style
This is the halo style way of wearing a hat. The front of your hat is raised up and the hat sits on the back of your head. To measure your head size using the halo method, measure the distance around your head passing through the back of your head, just above your neck, and the front of you head up on your brow as shown below.
1. Use a textile measuring tape to measure the distance around your head passing through the back of your head, just above the neck, and the front of your head high on the brow. The tape should be higher in front than in back.
2. Check the measurement of the tape wrapped around your head. Wearing a hat Halo style is usually a smaller hat size than wearing a hat traditionally however we recommend using the larger of the two hat sizes. If you are in-between sizes, we suggest sizing up and adjusting down.
All Gigi Pip hats are made to adjust to the perfect fit. Before making any adjustments, check the inner band type and follow the directions below.
1. My hat has draw strings - If your inner band has draw strings located behind the tag on the rear side of the hat, simply pull them tight to adjust your hat size down a size or two. Pull gently to avoid a tare.
2. My hat DOES NOT have draw strings - Many types of inner bands do not allow for a draw strings such as leather, elastic or cotton with a foam lining. Hats without a draw string are adjusted by using Gigi Pip's Hat Sizing Tape (sold separately). Hat sizing tape has long been the preferred method of adjusting hats because it allows you to keep the inner band in its natural form and the foam molds comfortably to the head.
Directions to use Hat Sizing Tape: Place the foam tape on the inside of your hat, behind the sweatband, with the sticky side facing towards the hat wall. Wrap the tape completely around the hat for maximum size decrease or cut tape length in half for a more moderate decrease. Size to fit prior to removing the adhesive cover. Once the fit is correct, remove the adhesive cover, press firmly into place, and wa-lah.
For more questions about hat sizing, please contact Gigi Pip at email@example.com.
Now that you know what your hat size is, let's find The Best Hat for your Face Shape!