How To Pack Your Hat
Posted on September 17 2019
Now, you might be thinking, "Okay, I finally found the perfect hat for my vacation, but how do I pack it in my suitcase?" Good question.
Packing is seriously an art, especially for those habitual over packers that must keep their bags under a 50-pound limit. Anyone guilty? I don't know about you guys, but I always hesitate to pack hats for fear they will get crushed or lose their shape. We are giving you the foolproof way to pack all your Gigi Pip hats:
We always recommend wearing your hat when you travel, however we realize that there will be times when you need to pack your hat in your luggage. Here are our tips + tricks for packing your hat.
- Roll or fold a sturdy clothing item (underwear, socks, tank tops) and stuff them into the crown of your hat to support it.
- Lay the hat flat on the bottom of your suitcase right side up.
- Start packing around it so nothing sits on top of the crown.
- If that doesn't work for you, carry your hat onto the plane and place it flat on top of your suitcase in the overhead compartment for safe travels.
- Hats like our Jani are designed to be folded and packed away in your backpack or tote.
Other helpful travel tips:
- You might find that you hats will benefit from a light steaming once you unpack them. This will help ease out any creases or bends.
- Don't pack anything near your hat that might leak and stain it.
- Don't pack you hat if it's wet or damp. Let it fully dry before packing away in your suitcase.
Want to learn more about taking care of your hat? Read out Top Tips for Cleaning your Hat blog post.