5 Reasons to Become a Hat Person
Posted on June 04 2018
One of the biggest misconceptions in the world of fashion is about wearing hats. That misconception is that only certain people with certain head shapes and face shapes can wear hats. WRONG. Nothing could be further from the truth. Hats can be scary, but we are going to teach you why you should brave the outfit opportunities that come with being a hat person. Have no fear, there is a hat out there for everyone.
The best part about being a hat person is that hats instantly transform any look. It is one of the simplest and quickest ways to take your outfit from drab to fab and the best addition for any #ootd, especially on those bad hair days.
There are so many reasons to be hat person and here are just a few:
1. Hello, your "in between hair wash, just got home from the gym, dry shampoo to the max" look will thank you. Forget that dry shampoo and baby powder, your greasy hair is making it a few more days with the help of a good baseball cap or a fedora.
Hat: Moe Baseball Cap
2. Once you find a hat that fits you perfectly, you'll never look back. Your hats should always sit squarely on your head and cover most of your forehead unless we're talking the Ginger or Dahlia which rest nicely on the crown of your head.
3. There's no such thing as "in season" when it comes to hats. For a tried and true style, choose a hat that fits with any season like a classic fedora or straw hat that translate from sweaters to shorts. Grabbing one of these classic styles is a sure fire way to get you on the Gigi Pip train.
4. With the incorporation of a hat into your wardrobe, you can keep your outfits a little more simple and basic. Hats carry a lot of weight in your look, so create that balance with a minimalistic approach to your outfit.
5. Going back to the topic of hat hair, with a wide brim like the Emma or Scottie, it is easier to embrace your natural hair. Whether it's pin straight or textured beach waves, you can wear it long and loose, in a low ponytail or bun and even a loose braid on the side. The hairstyle + hat possibilities are endless.
So if you weren't already a Gigi Pip hat convert, you better be now. We would love to hear what you love about being a #hatperson. Let us know in the comments!