Summer is just around the corner and our summer bucket list is already starting to fill up. It's the season of swim parties, music festivals, concerts, beaches, summer vacations and summer nights spent hanging out around the campfire. So what Gigi Pip hat should you spend the summer with? We are sharing a list of all our summer must-haves so you can bring your #gigipip along on all your favorite sunny adventures.
With summer comes all the farmer's markets and street festivals. In fact, right across the street from our Gigi Pip storefront is the best farmer's market in all of Salt Lake City. Whether you're looking for artisan crafts, fresh produce or homegrown honey, your Gigi Pip straw tote bagis perfect for piling the goodies. Can we talk about the IG worthiness of throwing in some fresh sunflower blooms and snapping a few pics at the market? Double win.
Who is heading to the beach this summer? Whether you live seaside or you've got a beach vacation in the works, the Seabreezeis your go-to girl. We love our Seabreeze because fashion and because sun protection! No more sunburnt noses, the Seabreeze has a brim wide enough to keep your skin looking youthful for long afternoons spent lying in the warm sand with a good book.
Coachella, Stage Coach, Outsidelands or any summer concert you have tickets for, well buy an extra ticket because your Gigi Pip belt bag is coming with. The belt bag is coming with. The belt bag is the perfect accessory for your festival #ootd this summer. The best part... it even doubles as the perfect snack holder. That's a win in our book.
We are all about the 2018 resort wear. Give us breezy cover-ups, wide leg pants, big sunglasses and even bigger brimmed hats. Our Gwen is like a built-in umbrella to keep you cool while enjoying poolside nachos or floating down the lazy river.
Speaking of the pool, sunglasses are next on the checklist for summer essential. Summers are meant to be spent at the pool, so be sure to throw in the Toni sunnies in your swim bag.
You know those summer nights where you end up barefoot, around a campfire, laughing with all your best friends? Yeah, those are the best kind of nights especially when you've got the Scottieon your head.
Gigi Pipshould be your one stop shop for all things summer essentials whether your plans include vacations, pool time, concerts and everything in between. We are firm believers that summers are best spent with your BFFS and that includes your Gigi Pip hatsand accessories.The countdown is on. Happy almost summer from the Gigi Pip team!
Finding your perfect hat starts with finding the perfect fit. Let's answer some common questions to help you find a Gigi Pip that will give you the best look and feel.
Hats are measured by the inside circumference at the bottom of the hat's crown (the sweatband) and most often measured in centimeters. While hats may be sized according to their measurement, it is fairly common for women's hats to be sized based on average women's head sizes and then adjusted down to fit.
For example - Since the average women's head size measures 57cm, a small to medium hat would be made to fit 57cm and then can be adjusted down to 55cm. Larger head sizes measure up to 59cm, so a medium to large size hat would be made to fit a 59cm head size and then can be adjusted down to 57cm. Children ages 7 and below are typically 53cm, and those ages 7+ tend to be 55cm. Because of this, Gigi Pip hats sizes are as followed:
Kids (53cm to 55cm)
S/M (57cm to 59cm)
M/L (59cm to 61cm)
Additional Sizing Chart (based on average women head sizes):
X Small - 55cm (21.65 Inches)
Small - 57cm (22.44 Inches)
Medium - 58cm (22.83 Inches)
Large - 59cm (23.22 Inches)
X Large - 61cm (24.01 Inches)
There are two primary methods of measuring your hat size and are based on the style in which you wear your hat. You will need to take both measurements (shown below) and then use the larger of the two measurements to determine your hat size. Once you've received your hat, you can decide on the style you'd like to size your hat to and adjust your hat accordingly.
TIP: If you don't have a textile measuring tape, use a string or piece of yarn to measure the distance around your head. After you have marked the yarn around your head, lay it out flat on the ground or table and measure the straightened out piece of yarn with a measuring stick or regular measuring tape.
Method 1: The Traditional Style
This is the traditional style of wearing a hat. The front tip of the hat is low on the forehead, just above your eye brows, causing the hat to sit nearly level with the ground. To measure your head using the traditional style method, measure the distance around your head from the center of the back of the head to the forehead just above the eyebrow as shown below.
1. Use a textile measuring tape (or string) to measure the distance around your head crossing through the center part of the back of your head and the forehead just above the eyebrow. The tape should be level with the ground.
2. Check the measurement of the tape wrapped around your head. Hat sizing is in cm. If you are in-between sizes, we suggest sizing up and adjusting your hat accordingly.
Method 2: The Halo Style
This is the halo style way of wearing a hat. The front of your hat is raised up and the hat sits on the back of your head. To measure your head size using the halo method, measure the distance around your head passing through the back of your head, just above your neck, and the front of you head up on your brow as shown below.
1. Use a textile measuring tape to measure the distance around your head passing through the back of your head, just above the neck, and the front of your head high on the brow. The tape should be higher in front than in back.
2. Check the measurement of the tape wrapped around your head. Wearing a hat Halo style is usually a smaller hat size than wearing a hat traditionally however we recommend using the larger of the two hat sizes. If you are in-between sizes, we suggest sizing up and adjusting down.
All Gigi Pip hats are made to adjust to the perfect fit. Before making any adjustments, check the inner band type and follow the directions below.
1. My hat has draw strings - If your inner band has draw strings located behind the tag on the rear side of the hat, simply pull them tight to adjust your hat size down a size or two. Pull gently to avoid a tare.
2. My hat DOES NOT have draw strings - Many types of inner bands do not allow for a draw strings such as leather, elastic or cotton with a foam lining. Hats without a draw string are adjusted by using Gigi Pip's Hat Sizing Tape (sold separately). Hat sizing tape has long been the preferred method of adjusting hats because it allows you to keep the inner band in its natural form and the foam molds comfortably to the head.
Directions to use Hat Sizing Tape: Place the foam tape on the inside of your hat, behind the sweatband, with the sticky side facing towards the hat wall. Wrap the tape completely around the hat for maximum size decrease or cut tape length in half for a more moderate decrease. Size to fit prior to removing the adhesive cover. Once the fit is correct, remove the adhesive cover, press firmly into place, and wa-lah.
For more questions about hat sizing, please contact Gigi Pip at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Now that you know what your hat size is, let's find The Best Hat for your Face Shape!